If you're among the fastest on two feet, you may be eligible to join the Elite Climb sponsored by Optimum Nutrition. The first place male and first place female receives a complimentary registration and the first spots in the following year's Elite Climb. The Elite Climb will begin at 7:00 a.m.
Qualifying criteria to be considered for the Elite Climb:
- Results must be from a comparable stair climb, greater than 50 floors like:
- Canada Life CN Tower Climb for WWF (Toronto, Canada)
- Empire State Building Run-Up (New York, NY)
- Hustle Up the Hancock (Chicago, IL)
- Step Up for Kids (Chicago, IL)
- SkyRise Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- If you have competed in a comparable climb (greater than 50 floors) that is not listed above, please include the details of that climb (web address and/or contact information of the race organizers.)
- Your must have placed in the overall top 25 finishers, male or female.
- Your submitted time must be within the last 3 years.
How to apply:
Register as an individual for the 94-floor climb and pay the entry fee.
Please note: it is not possible to be on a team and participate in the Elite Climb.
Submit your results via: a screen shot, an attached finisher’s certificate, an attached print out from an online results page (please highlight or circle your name and time) or a link to your individual race results (please ensure your name and results are the ONLY ones appearing on the page).
After registering please submit your qualifying results to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Elite Climb Application”. Qualifying results must be submitted by December 31, 2016.
All applicants will be notified in early January 2017 as to whether they have been accepted into the Elite Climb. After you are notified, if you were not accepted into the Elite Climb, you may choose to join an existing team. If this is the case, you will climb with that team at its designated time.